9/6/12

Supermodel Beauty Secrets: Gisele Bündchen



fanpop.com


She's used to revealing herself on the runway, and Victoria's Secret spokesperson Gisele Bündchen isn't shy about sharing her methods for looking her best either. Bündchen admits that she loves to squeeze blemishes (meaning she actually gets them on occasion) and believes bigger is better. "I am a huge fan of big cotton underpants; they're comfortable," she says. "I wear them every day." (Note: In Brazilianspeak, "big" is equivalent to a bikini cut, not granny panties.) Despite her enviable figure, Bündchen gets butterflies before baring it on the catwalk. "No matter how many shows I've done, as soon as they say it's time to start, I get that nervous sensation and feel like I have to pee," she says. "So that's where my mind is. That and making it to the end of the runway and back as fast as I can."
 
First things first. What's the key to looking fantastic in photos?

It's all about the light. Always face it, because that's how you give your face good angles. If you're outside when the sun is overhead, you're going to have dark circles from the sun creating shadows on your face. So no outdoor pictures between 12 and two!
 
That's it?

And always, always powder your T-zone and the lines going from your nose down around your mouth so you don't look like a bulldog. When those areas are shiny, it's awful. And gloss will keep your lips from appearing dehydrated.
 
What beauty tricks have you picked up over the years?

I had a really horrible pimple on my nose, and a makeup artist gave me Nelsons Acne Gel. I kept putting it on, and my pimple went away. I was like, This is great. It doesn't burn your skin.
 
Anything else?

If you're wearing smoky eye makeup, a little beige or gold pencil on the inner eye corners will open up the area, but you only want to do it if the shadow is really dark. Otherwise, light pencil makes your eyes look too far apart, like a fish. And I put black mascara on my top and bottom lashes because I have tiny little hamster eyes. With mascara, they seem larger.
 
fanpop.com
 
 
 
After all that makeup goes on, how do you get it off?

My complexion is delicate, so I have to use things that won't irritate it. I switch moisturizers often, but I'm faithful to the way I take off my makeup: Lancôme's pink foaming cleanser on my face and Victoria's Secret Total remover for my eyes. They're both gentle.
 
You're a frequent flier. What goes in the toiletry bag?

Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, braces....
 
Excuse me? Braces?

I wear clear Invisalign braces at night. One of my teeth was moving. A photographer was using a side light, which created a shadow across my mouth. I saw a Polaroid, and it looked like I had no tooth! So I went to the dentist and got Invisaligns.
 
As we've been talking, you've eaten two and a half large cookies,which is, quite frankly, killing me. Is it seriously all in the genes?

I love outdoor sports, like volleyball, and I play them whenever I can. But my secret is that I watch TV maybe twice a year. I'm not a potato sack; I've never sat on my couch. If I'm home, I'm cleaning, feeding my dogs, doing stuff. Life is too precious to waste time.
 
Women covet your hair. How do you get it looking so good?

I don't do much. I wash it, but I don't own a brush. When the ends get frizzy, I apply a little bit of Victoria's Secret shine serum to them. Then my hair looks done.
 
On shoots, you curl your own lashes, apply mascara yourself, and pencil in your brows. You're like a pro makeup artist.

I've always attempted to do my own lashes because it's hard for me to have somebody with a wand right near my eye. I have blond, invisible eyebrows, so I try to make them with this gray-brown pencil from Pout, Blonde Bombshell.
 
What's the most flattering type of lingerie?

Lace is very sexy, and I like a demi-bra because it gives you a little lift. If you're wearing lace, you should have small underwear, but they make lacy big ones, too.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment